The FCMS is dedicated to:
- promote the health status of the Chinese communities in North America through education and advocacy
- advance medical knowledge and education with emphasis on aspects related to the Chinese
- sponsor biennial scientific conferences
- support and facilitate collaboration in research and data collection
- promote the scientific association of medical societies of health professionals of Chinese descent in North America
- enhance communication and association among members of the Federation.